Cool Latin Team Name (VPR, XTRM)

Josh R

Hi guys im new here. I thought this forums can help me in formulating my team's name.
Im actually thinking of having a latin phrase for a team name reduced to an acronym (VPR).
I need the letters V, P and R to be in latin words, i thought it is cool to have one. :)

I got the idea from another team which have this name:

"Xcito Triumphus Recuso Mediocris" aka XTRM

so hope I can have VPR as my team name with latin meaning.
I prefer having motivating words or phrases for it and I hope you can help me guys.
Thanks a lot!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

Do you know what they intended their phrase to mean? Something like "I stimulate (?) triumph, I refuse mediocrity"...? In any case it is completely wrong...

For the name of your team, do you have any idea what kind of thing it should be talking about?

Josh R

Hi guys thanks for the response something. phrase i guess. that will be formed from letters VPR. something like,
Movement, Fast, Victory hmm something similar i really have no idea about latin words and phrases. Thanks.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi guys thanks for the response something. phrase i guess. that will be formed from letters VPR. something like,
Movement, Fast, Victory hmm something similar i really have no idea about latin words and phrases. Thanks.
Hmm... Veloces Palmam Rapimus: we quickly seize the palm.

Josh R

ic thanks for that Mr. Ignis.

@Pacis, Thanks for the reply sir. Your suggestion is cool enough. Any other word aside from the palm? something synonymous to victory, treasure, cash, that starts with P. I suppose it would change the meaning of the phrase to
we quickly seize the _____. am I right? Thank you!

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I got the idea from another team which have this name:
"Xcito Triumphus Recuso Mediocris" aka XTRM
I notice from their website that the Latin is meant to say: "to bring forth triumph is to refuse to be ordinary". It doesn't, unfortunately. Perhaps you need to tell them to pay us a visit.
Hmm... Veloces Palmam Rapimus: we quickly seize the palm.
I think that's a good idea. If you wanted to stress your relative superiority you could use the comparative or superlative of velox.

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Oh, I just tagged another user (specifically the "tech assistant") so that he'd move the thread. English to Latin requests are supposed to be in the corresponding forum, but it's not too big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought you were suggesting to call the team after him. Seconding sir Pacis anyway. :rofl-green:

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Possibly...?

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Josh R

Pacis puella sorry madame,hehe thanks. so veloces pecuniam rapimus it is? or is there any better word starting with Letter P? :D
Aurifex i don't know them personaly but they are a popular group here in our country. thanks for that.

I think i'd go with this one Veloces Palmam Rapimus
We quickly seize the honour/glory/success
Cool! Thanks guys!

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I didn't bat an eyelid at "suspect". What's your objection to it?
I've just never seen the adjectival form used with the verb "sounds" before.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Any other word aside from the palm? something synonymous to victory, treasure, cash, that starts with P.
so veloces pecuniam rapimus it is? or is there any better word starting with Letter P? :D
It's a big leap from seizing the palm to seizing money/treasure/cash; they're not exactly synonymous. What sphere of activity is your team engaged in?