My family is my strength and weakness

Jarne

A friend of mine wants this as a tattoo and I'd hate to tell him something that's wrong. Happy for help.

Thanks

gangleri2001

Here's my sugggestion. As we always say, you better wait for somebody else to confirm or correct it.

Familia mea fortitudoque infirmitas meae.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

Maybe mei sunt robur meum atque infirmitas.

The choice of familia is disputable, but more importantly your - que is misplaced (it must be placed at the end of (the first word of) the second part, not in the middle like et), and the adjective would more usually agree with the closest noun rather than in the plural with both here, I think.

Jarne

Here's my sugggestion. As we always say, you better wait for somebody else to confirm or correct it.

Thank you for quick reply!

The choice of familia is disputable, but more importantly your - que is misplaced (it must be placed at the end of (the first word of) the second part, not in the middle like et), and the adjective would more usually agree with the closest noun rather than in the plural with both here, I think.
Thank you for detailed explanation

gangleri2001

Oh that's right, I always make this stupid mistake. As for thesingular/plural thing, I think it's a matte of style so both

Familia mea fortitudo infirmitasque meae

and

Familia mea fortitudo infirmitasque mea

are correct IMHO.

Jarne

Oh that's right, I always make this stupid mistake. As for thesingular/plural thing, I think it's a matte of style so both

Familia mea fortitudo infirmitasque meae

and

Familia mea fortitudo infirmitasque mea

are correct IMHO.
Great! Thanks!

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

fortitudo infirmitasque meae seems unlikely to me.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Do you have an alternative?
I was commenting on a point of grammar, namely the use of meae instead of mea. See post #5.