Nec in aliis quibus placere volumus queremus

Does this sound correct? If not then how should it be worded?

Nec in aliis quibus placere volumus queremus nostram gloriam sed eorum salutem ut non nos sed Deum laudent qui tales fecit.

Nor in others whom we wish to please do we seek our glory but their well-being that not us but God who has made such great things.

Thank you!

AndrewEarthrise

Nec in aliis, quibus placere volumus, gloriam nostram quaeremus, sed salutatem eorum qui non nos, sed Deus, cuius talia miracula fecit.

Nor in others (to)whom we wish to please do we seek our glory but their well-being that not us but God (of) who(m) has made such great things.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Nec in aliis, quibus placere volumus, gloriam nostram quaeremus, sed salutatem eorum qui non nos, sed Deus,cuius talia miracula fecit.

Nor in others (to)whom we wish to please do we seek our glory but their well-being that not us but God (of) who(m) has made such great things.
I'm confused. Where did you get this version from? It seems corrupt.
The sentence doesn't make sense, maybe a word is missing.
The original makes perfect sense to me: "Nor do we seek our own glory in others whom we wish to please, but rather their salvation, so that they might praise not us, but God, who has made them to be such."

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I'm confused. Where did you get this version from? It seems corrupt.
I assume that AE, not recognising that the OP was quoting an actual text (commentary on Galatians, if anyone cares), attempted to translate the admittedly eccentric English translation of it in the first post. Hinc illae lacrimae.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

I assume that AE, not recognising that the OP was quoting an actual text (commentary on Galatians, if anyone cares), attempted to translate the admittedly eccentric English translation of it in the first post. Hinc illae lacrimae.
Oh, I see. In that case AE's Latin translation seems suitably eccentric as well, but indeed the OP was looking for a translation of the original Latin, not a translation into Latin of his faulty translation attempt.

I just want to know if there are any suggestions of any corrections or any changes that might make the translation a bit more clear. It just seems like the translation could use a little clarification, but I may be wrong, I might be fine.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

I just want to know if there are any suggestions of any corrections or any changes that might make the translation a bit more clear. It just seems like the translation could use a little clarification, but I may be wrong, I might be fine.
I gave the proper (as it seems to me) translation in post #6. Your translation misses the mark in a few key respects.

ETA: Also, I don't believe that 'cogniscient' is a word. 'Cognizant' is.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yeah, maybe the best is to keep the same kind of potential ambiguity as in the Latin, so "who made such men/people" without literally specifying "us" or something else.

Which verse does this refer to?

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

AndrewEarthrise

Forgive me, I had not perceived of which forum this post was in, I had the credence that it was as a construe of English to Latin.