More Latin genealogical entries

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

My mom is doing more genealogical research. Here's a baptismal entry we're both stuck on:

Johann-Georgius.jpeg

Her/my attempt at a transcription so far: Johann-Georgius, Hanss Grimms, medius huius [??] filiolus... (the rest of the entry isn't relevant).

Can anyone make out that missing word?

Tagging Pacifica, Etaoin Shrdlu, Cinefactus and Aurifex.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

And another one, for a stillborn girl: :(

stillborn girl.jpeg

[???????] Georg Grimmens luce vitali privata [narortua? natortua?]

What on earth is that mysterious word (or words) at the beginning? It doesn't look like Latin OR Greek (though that first letter seems rather like the Greek masculine definite article). More than anything it looks like gibberish! :puzzled:

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The ending of that word looks more like ij (ii) to me.
What on earth is that mysterious word (or words) at the beginning? It doesn't look like Latin OR Greek (though that first letter seems rather like the Greek masculine definite article). More than anything it looks like gibberish! :puzzled:
Looks like the definite article indeed, followed by ἀνώνυμος.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Though I think the word below ἀνώνυμος may be nascitur.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Ah, that would make perfect sense! What terrible writing.

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I think the word before filiol[us] is no[min]is but I don't know what it's telling us. Something about a middle name?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I don't think there would have been a concept of a middle name at this stage in history; that concept dates from a time when a standard name is first name/surname, with an option for a bit of decoration. But earlier a name consisted of whatever name or names were given at baptism, plus a surname that still retained some trace of its unofficial origin.

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Oh god. Once a guy paid me to translate several pages of handwriting like this. No amount of money is worth the suffering.

But, to make a really brief attempt:

Johann-Georgij, Ga(---) Grimm(-), medij huj(us) no(mi)nis filiolj
T(-) Johanni Georgio, M(iparl?) Tosfiu(-) filio, adhuc
minore (-), cu(jus) adptitit in a(-)t(-) (-)

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Anyone have any idea on this one? I'm trying to figure out that that word after consors factus est is.

Johann-Caspar.jpeg

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

And one more:

Dorothea.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out the grammar in this bit: ...quae mihi olim a servitus fuit domesticae (?)... -- the a servitus part just doesn't seem to cohere. Any ideas?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's servitiis, not servitus. I can't well read the ending of the following word, but I suppose it must be either domesticis or domestica.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

It's servitiis, not servitus. I can't well read the ending of the following word, but I suppose it must be either domesticis or domestica.
Ah. That makes a great deal more sense. Thanks. :)

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Ok, one more :D

Margaretha.jpeg

Can anyone make out those two words after filiola (third full line down)? I'm thinking the e with a line over it is maybe a short form of est, but what about the following word?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Oh, now I'm thinking regenita. That third letter looked too much like a "p".

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I've always been amazed by the efforts the Germans put into illegibility. Be grateful it isn't in German script.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Quick detail to confirm here:

Barbara, Johannis Georgii Grimmii et Elisabethae natae Fuchsiae, Pauli, Molitoris inferioris, filiae natu maximae primogenita baptizata est. Matrina erat Barbara, Wolfgangi Mu(e)lleri, diversorii Welckershusiani praepositi filia-virgo.

Am I correct in assuming that primogenita entails, not only that she is the first-born daughter, but that she is the first-born child of either gender? It would seem to imply that, but I want to be sure as some of my mom's subsequent research will depend on that detail.