ab 20 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii.

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

Sol transit in hac zona circiter ab 22 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii.

My question is: Should I inflect and pronounce "ab 22 ad 21" as "ab viginti duobus ad viginti unum" agreeing with the preposition in the ablative and accusative respectively when reading?

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

Are you willing to delve into the black depths of the Roman calendar?

Mafalda

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Sol transit in hac zona circiter ab 22 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii.
My question is: Should I inflect and pronounce "ab 22 ad 21" as "ab viginti duobus ad viginti unum" agreeing with the preposition in the ablative and accusative respectively when reading?
Viginti duo and viginti unus is not correct. What is needed here is ordinal numbers, and they behave like regular adjectives.

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

Viginti duo and viginti unus is not correct. What is needed here is ordinal numbers, and they behave like regular adjectives.

Ordinal numbers, so what would it be like?

ab 22 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii. (ab vicesimo secundo Maii ad vicesimum primum Iunii.)

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Yes, however Romans wouldn't have said dates that way anyway.

You count backwards inclusively, like this:
June 1 = Kal. Jun.
May 31 = prid. Kal. Jun.
May 30 = a.d. III Kal. Jun.
May 22 would be a.d. XI Kal. Jun. (fully expressed "ante diem undecimum Kalendas Iunias"), and June 21 would be a.d. XI Kal. Jul. (ante diem undecimum Kalendas Iulias). Later authors (like Suetonius and Tacitus) eliminate the "a.d."

The grammar of these date words is hard to understand, but they can be treated as indeclinable nouns. Thus you can say "ab a.d. XI Kal. Jun. usque ad a.d. XI Kal. Jul."

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

Yes, however Romans wouldn't have said dates that way anyway.

You count backwards inclusively, like this:
June 1 = Kal. Jun.
May 31 = prid. Kal. Jun.
May 30 = a.d. III Kal. Jun.
May 22 would be a.d. XI Kal. Jun. (fully expressed "ante diem undecimum Kalendas Iunias"), and June 21 would be a.d. XI Kal. Jul. (ante diem undecimum Kalendas Iulias). Later authors (like Suetonius and Tacitus) eliminate the "a.d."

The grammar of these date words is hard to understand, but they can be treated as indeclinable nouns. Thus you can say "ab a.d. XI Kal. Jun. usque ad a.d. XI Kal. Jul."

Where's your source from? what link?

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

The video I linked above says the same thing.

Mafalda

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Ordinal numbers, so what would it be like?
ab 22 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii. (ab vicesimo secundo Maii ad vicesimum primum Iunii.)
I understand that you have started this thread to know how ab 22 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii should be read. The above is quite correct, but I would add the word day to it: ab vicesimo secundo die Maii usque ad vicesimum primum diem Iunii. Ab vicesimo secundo die mensis Maii usque ad vicesimum primum diem mensis Iunii is also possible. I think a instead of ab would be better in this case.

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

I understand that you have started this thread to know how ab 22 Maii usque ad 21 Iunii should be read. The above is quite correct, but I would add the word day to it: ab vicesimo secundo die Maii usque ad vicesimum primum diem Iunii. Ab vicesimo secundo die mensis Maii usque ad vicesimum primum diem mensis Iunii is also possible. I think a instead of ab would be better in this case.
that's what I've searched, thanks tibi I ago.