Prayer for exorcism

Cremeika

I am interested in the latin version of the Prayer that priests would pray during an Exorcism, this is not for a current event or anything but for some potential artwork to use those words to form the shape of a cross. The information i found online looked legit but i have used this site before with much more confidence in the responses provided.

Thanks in advance for whomever can provide any guidance.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I know of a couple versions found online. Can you give us a link to the one you found, so we can check if it's devoid of mistakes?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

There are two mistakes: nomini should be nomine and sanguini should be sanguine.

Cremeika

There are two mistakes: nomini should be nomine and sanguini should be sanguine.
So my concern is wether or not the passages are the correct passages from the books the priests would actually use since I do not have access to those books.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

shouldn't it be "omnis satanica potestas", not "omni satanica potestas"?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

shouldn't it be "omnis satanica potestas", not "omni satanica potestas"?
Indeed, it should; my eye missed that missing S.
So my concern is wether or not the passages are the correct passages from the books the priests would actually use since I do not have access to those books.
I don't know about that. Perhaps you can find some info on Google Books.

Cremeika

after some additional looking, i came across this.
Sorry for the upside down attachment, i tried to fix that before attaching but something obviously didnt take. Since it looks like the passages on the attachment are different than those from the posted link can someone translate the attachment so i can be educated on the wording rather than just taking it for face value.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I found some by googling catholic rite exorcism latin

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris

The mistakes are to annoy the demons. Since they are experts in Latin.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Why... why did you have to say it??? I needed those mistakes fixed... It burns, it BUUUUURNS!

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

What the...? I can't remember ever posting the above.
Take another tablet, dear, the big ones the nice doctor gave you last week.

:D

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Lol Pacifica, were you under the influence of something? :D

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It seems demons write through me sometimes.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Well, you're the saga. Lol

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

It seems demons write through me sometimes.
I often thought that your translations were just a tad too good for an ordinary mortal.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'll choose to take that as a compliment. Are we to consider that all good translators quot sunt quotque fuere have been possessed, though? :D

Demoniacs have often been reported suddenly speaking languages they'd never learned, so there might be something to it... Maybe it just happens less spectacularly in the case of translators.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Yeah, but here you've been learning it for a number of years, so you don't really qualify for a demoniac. :D