Anthousai

I understand that the above word is Greek and not Latin, however I am trying to find what the correct singular form of the word: "Anthousai"

I have tried using wiktionary but to no avail.

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I don't think there's a direct translation for this, but the closest thing I guess would be Flos Nympha.

However, This may not be entirely accurate because Nympha is grammatically not an adjective.
Even though an "Anthousai" is a Female Flower Nymph, I don't think there's a feminine version of the word Flos,
So this is definitely tricky to translate...

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I don't think they're asking for a Latin translation anyway, just the singular form of the Greek word.

Dantius is correct, I am mainly looking for the correct singular form of the Greek word: Anthousai. I do apologize if I posted my thread in the wrong forum as it has been quite a while since my last post.

Bestiola

Nequissima

• Civis Illustris

• Sacerdos Isidis

Dantius is correct, I am mainly looking for the correct singular form of the Greek word: Anthousai. I do apologize if I posted my thread in the wrong forum as it has been quite a while since my last post.
No problem, I've moved it to the Ancient Greek subforum.

Bestiola

Nequissima

• Civis Illustris

• Sacerdos Isidis

Do you happen to know what the correct Greek singular would be for Anthousai, Bestiola?
Could I please ask where did you find that word? I've found one slightly dubious site which claims it's singular form is "Anthousa": http://greekmythology.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anthousa

This looks more promising:
https://books.google.hr/books?id=qD6sBZCXnloC&pg=PA119&lpg=PA119&dq=anthos,+anthousa&source=bl&ots=6NOGkFcnDq&sig=ZtLHmQvBv8WuIqaUS4FCFA6YqAA&hl=ro&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOge634p7ZAhVJ16QKHbXZBC0Q6AEIMjAC#v=onepage&q=anthos, anthousa&f=false

But I hope someone more versed in Greek will jump in since I'm a Latin student, and Greek is too Greek for me.

I found it on Wikipedia as the collective noun for flower nymphs and I believe the same word is used in my other mythological creatures books.

Aetos

This could be based on the present participle feminine of the contract verb antheo=antho (to flower) which is anthousa, plural=anthousai. The Greek looks like this: ἀνθέω=ἀνθῶ ἀνθοῦσα, ἀνθοῦσαι