Opinions of Henle's books for learning latin?

john abshire

• Patronus

Henle's books for learning Latin?
searching online I found there are answer keys, and there are a series of books. They do not seem as fast paced as Oultan's.
opinions?

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

Having skimmed through the first book, I can't see any obvious mistakes, and it does cover the basic material at a slower pace than Oulton.

It is also, to my taste at least, incredibly dull. The sentences fall into two categories, one of which is well represented by 'Soldiers, wait for the arrival of Caesar lest the enemy conquer us' and the other by 'Adore Jesus Christ, the son of God'. But if you are a very religious army general it might have some appeal.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It is also, to my taste at least, incredibly dull. The sentences fall into two categories, one of which is well represented by 'Soldiers, wait for the arrival of Caesar lest the enemy conquer us' and the other by 'Adore Jesus Christ, the son of God'. But if you are a very religious army general it might have some appeal.
LOL! :D

john abshire

• Patronus

Having skimmed through the first book, I can't see any obvious mistakes, and it does cover the basic material at a slower pace than Oulton.

thanks for your reply