I will fail you.

Schout

Hello,

I am looking for a translation from English to Latin for the phrase "I will fail you".
I am male and the phrase would be in reference to future relations with females.

Also a translation of the phrase " I am alone, I am not lonely" would greatly appreciated if possible.

Thank you for your time and help.

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

My 1st thought for "I Will Fail You" would be Te Ipsam Deficiam.
For "I Am Alone, I Am Not Lonely", I'm thinking something along the lines of Solum Sum, Non Solitarius Sum.
You can use Ego in front of each part if you wanted to emphasize "I" as in "I Will Fail You" & "I Am Alone, I Am Not Lonely", though it's not grammatically necessary as the verbs already indicate that this is referring to you.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

My 1st thought for "I Will Fail You" would be Te Ipsam Deficiam.
Nothing in the original seems to justify the use of ipsam.

Deficio seems rare with a person as subject so it may also be better to use desero and say te deseram or alternatively use desum and say tibi deero.
For "I Am Alone, I Am Not Lonely", I'm thinking something along the lines of Solum Sum, Non Solitarius Sum.
You can use Ego in front of each part if you wanted to emphasize "I" as in "I Will Fail You" & "I Am Alone, I Am Not Lonely", though it's not grammatically necessary as the verbs already indicate that this is referring to you.
The repetition of sum feels a bit clumsy; I would remove one of them.

I'm not sure solitarius conveys the right meaning of "lonely" in this particular case. I'm under the impression that "lonely" here has an emotional meaning, like "feeling lonely, missing another person's company" rather than a merely factual meaning like "being habitually alone". Am I right, Schout? If I am, I don't think solitarius works.

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Nothing in the original seems to justify the use of ipsam.
I thought that Latin idiomatically uses Ipse, -a, -um whenever a phrase or sentence refers to someone
(often literally translating to "you yourself" / "him himself" / "her herself" / "they themselves" / etc.)
The repetition of sum feels a bit clumsy; I would remove one of them.
Yeah... I wonder if we should consolidate "I Am Alone, I Am Not Lonely" as "I Am Alone, But Not Lonely."

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I thought that Latin idiomatically uses Ipse, -a, -um whenever a phrase or sentence refers to someone
(often literally translating to "you yourself" / "him himself" / "her herself" / "they themselves" / etc.)
No, ipse, -a, -um isn't used whenever a phrase or sentence refers to someone. It is used only when someone or something needs extra emphasis like "himself" etc.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

I haven't been able to find a distinction between words for 'lonely' and 'alone' in Latin. sōlus covers both. If anything, sōlitārius would be more appropriate for 'alone' than 'lonely'. But I suspect that the best solution would be to find a stronger word for 'lonely', something like dēstitūtus or egēns?

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I haven't been able to find a distinction between words for 'lonely' and 'alone' in Latin. sōlus covers both. If anything, sōlitārius would be more appropriate for 'alone' than 'lonely'. But I suspect that the best solution would be to find a stronger word for 'lonely', something like dēstitūtus or egēns?
I guess the translation would then be Solitarius Sum, Non Destitutus.
However, doesn't Destitutus (& even the English version, Destitute), have more of a connotation regarding poverty / a lack of basic necessities?

Schout

The " I am alone, I am not lonely" would refer to actually not having another person of the opposite sex to spend time with, but do not feel emotionally alone or lacking because of it.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

However, doesn't Destitutus (& even the English version, Destitute), have more of a connotation regarding poverty / a lack of basic necessities?
The English word does, but I don't think the Latin word does. Indeed, I don't believe L&S cite any instance with such a meaning.