What cases does vocare take?

MCYLatin

I've run into a Latin sentence/question in First Year Henle and wanted to confirm something. In Reading 18, it says the legatus asks a Gallic captive Quem prīncipem et ducem vocātis? and the translation in the key says Whom do you call chief and leader? The captive's response is Ambiorīgem et Catuvulcum. So would the full sentence response be
Ambiorīgem et Catuvulcum principem et ducem vocāmus? My main question is, in cases where call is used like "I called Jack my sidekick," are both objects in accusative case?
Thanks for any clarification!

B

Bitmap

So would the full sentence response be
Ambiorīgem et Catuvulcum principem et ducem vocāmus?
Yes, and ...

My main question is, in cases where call is used like "I called Jack my sidekick," are both objects in accusative case?

Yes.

john abshire

• Patronus

I've run into a Latin sentence/question in First Year Henle and wanted to confirm something. In Reading 18, it says the legatus asks a Gallic captive Quem prīncipem et ducem vocātis? and the translation in the key says Whom do you call chief and leader? The captive's response is Ambiorīgem et Catuvulcum. So would the full sentence response be
Ambiorīgem et Catuvulcum principem et ducem vocāmus? My main question is, in cases where call is used like "I called Jack my sidekick," are both objects in accusative case?
I think the use of voco for "call" here is wrong. [and there is an error in the book.]
it should be appello, -are.
I have;
appello, -are, =to name, entitle, to call by name
voco, -are,= to call upon, invoke, or summon

Quem prīncipem et ducem appellātis? Whom do you call chief and leader?