Love You complete me.

Hiroki Sugimoto

I wanted to engrave "You complete me." on my wedding ring in Latin, and I was wondering how you properly say it. I found "Tu me completas." in Yahoo Answers, but it sounds like Spanish, so if you could help me figure it out, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Hiroki Sugimoto

Oh, one more thing. If I remember correctly, Latin is a gender specific language, so Is the phrase different when a man says it to a woman vs. a woman to a man?

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

You posted with no description?

I will give Me imples.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Sounds a but more like "you fill me" imho, which may not be out of context when it comes to marriage I guess but it's not what OP asked.
Lol.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Oh. For some reason, I was "ignoring" your messages, and I didn't see the description. Sorry.

What about "Me comples"? How does that sound to you?
Hmm. That could mean "fill" as well, but it's probably a better choice.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Or perhaps expleo.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Thank you. So, how does "Me expleo" sound? I mean I do not have enough knowledge/experiences to get the nuances of each, so which one is the best choice? or is there any other Latin expression whose meaning is the closest?
If you were going to use explain, it would be "Me exples".
To be honest, the verb pleo, which is in explain, complex, and impleo, could mean both "I fill" and "I fulfill", so I don't think Me comples is bad.

The Vulgate (Latin Bible) uses pleo to mean "complete" at Colossians 2:10:
et estis in illo repleti, with "repleti" being a form of the verb repleo.

Hiroki Sugimoto

If you were going to use explain, it would be "Me exples".
To be honest, the verb pleo, which is in explain, complex, and impleo, could mean both "I fill" and "I fulfill", so I don't think Me comples is bad.

The Vulgate (Latin Bible) uses pleo to mean "complete" at Colossians 2:10:
et estis in illo repleti, with "repleti" being a form of the verb repleo.
Thank you for your suggestions. To sum up,

Me comples
Me imples
Me exples

are all not-so-bad choices?

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I appreciate your suggestions. What do "me integrum facis" or "me integram facis" mean? and how are they different?
me integrum facis - when a man says it to a woman
me intergram facis - when woman says it to a man

Thank you. I like this one as well.
Is the expression different when a man says it to a woman than when a woman to a man?
(tu) mihi cumulum affers - can be used by a man or a woman

Thank you for your suggestions. To sum up,

Me comples
Me imples
Me exples

are all not-so-bad choices?
I would advise caution, these verbs refer more to "fill up" rather than "to complete"

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I appreciate your suggestions. What do "me integrum facis" or "me integram facis" mean? and how are they different?
"Me integrum facis" means "you make me complete" and it implies that the one who says it is a male. "Me integram facis" means the same but implies that the one who says it is a female.

Hiroki Sugimoto

me integrum facis - when a man says it to a woman
me intergram facis - when woman says it to a man

(tu) mihi cumulum affers - can be used by a man or a woman

I would advise caution, these verbs refer more to "fill up" rather than "to complete"

Thank you! It's clear now.

Hiroki Sugimoto

"Me integrum facis" means "you make me complete" and it implies that the one who says it is a male. "Me integram facis" means the same but implies that the one who says it is a female.
Thank you! For curiosity, what determines the gender of the expression? Yes, I'm a newbie here...