Duravit hic illi usque ad extremum

I'm not sure what hic refers to here. It would seem to me either to refer to valetudinem, in which case it would be feminine, or 'these things' (i.e. all of [4]) but then then it would be a neuter plural.

Qua illa temperantia, qua patientia, qua etiam constantia novissimam valetudinem tulit! [4] Medicis obsequebatur, sororem patrem adhortabatur ipsamque se destitutam corporis viribus vigore animi sustinebat. [5] Duravit hic illi usque ad extremum, nec aut spatio valetudinis aut metu mortis infractus est, quo plures gravioresque nobis causas relinqueret et desiderii et doloris. (Pliny 5.16)

Unrelated: what's the standard font here at Latin Dicussion? Everytime I copy and paste the fonts get weird and I don't know what family/ size to revert them to.

B

Bitmap

It refers to animi or to vigore animi... It doesn't really matter which word you refer it to, since both kinda mean the same :p It means "His mind/resolution hardened/grew strong"

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Unrelated: what's the standard font here at Latin Dicussion? Everytime I copy and paste the fonts get weird and I don't know what family/ size to revert them to.
You should paste without formatting. On windows it's ctrl + shift + v. On Mac it's alt + shift + cmd + v.
Alternatively, you can click this button:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 3.39.33 PM.png

Which will change it to a different mode of writing where formatting isn't displayed, and then when you paste it will be in the standard font.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

On windows it's ctrl + shift + v.
That's cute. I think I knew that at one point, but forgot. I've got into the habit of pasting things into Notepad, and C&Ping them from there. I don't seem to have the button in question, though, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

You should paste without formatting. On windows it's ctrl + shift + v. On Mac it's alt + shift + cmd + v.
Alternatively, you can click this button:
View attachment 7570
Which will change it to a different mode of writing where formatting isn't displayed, and then when you paste it will be in the standard font.

You could also highlight the text and press the eraser button, on the opposite end from the A button.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Also, "grew strong" probably isn't the best translation for duravit in this case. The point doesn't seem to be that her spirit became strong, but that her strength of spirit lasted to the end.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I've read this passage before. It's from a letter of Pliny the Younger grieving for the death of a friend's daughter.

You would have known about the gender if you'd read the quoted excerpt carefully, though, because:
Qua illa temperantia, qua patientia, qua etiam constantia novissimam valetudinem tulit! [4] Medicis obsequebatur, sororem patrem adhortabatur ipsamque se destitutam corporis viribus vigore animi sustinebat. [5] Duravit hic illi usque ad extremum, nec aut spatio valetudinis aut metu mortis infractus est, quo plures gravioresque nobis causas relinqueret et desiderii et doloris. (Pliny 5.16)
:p