Tattoo "Alone I am relentless" in english?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

What sort of "relentless" do you mean? Can you provide some context?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Let me ask my question differently: what are you relentless in? What is the context around the phrase? Can you elaborate on what it means to you? It could affect the translation.

Reactions: J.M

Charioce

I found the word "Immitis" to be a close translation but what I mean is relentless in my effort to push forward. Being consistent even when I'm alone in life without any help from family/friends.

I found the phrase Solus Ego Immitis and I'm not entirely sure how accurate that is for the english phrase.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Immitis doesn't work for this kind of "relentless". Immitis would be more for "relentless" in the sense of "harsh/cruel/pitiless".

I'm considering the words assiduus.

The rest of the sentence needs some reworking as well, because solus ego assiduus would be interpreted more like "I'm the only one to be relentless".

You could have solus cum sum, assiduus sum with the sense that you're relentless when you're alone or solus cum sim, assiduus sum with the sense that you are relentless even though you're alone, or yet again etiam solus cum sum, assiduus sum with the sense that you're relentless even when you're alone.

Now, I'm also considering other options for the translation of "relentless". Assiduus is probably somewhat weaker than the English. So far I've considered acer and constans. We could even consider the superlative forms of these to make them stronger but only if the solus cum sim or the etiam solus cum sum version is chosen, I think, because in the solus cum sum one it could cause some ambiguity.

The technical details are meant for my colleagues, so they can say what they think.

Charioce

Immitis doesn't work for this kind of "relentless". Immitis would be more for "relentless" in the sense of "harsh/cruel/pitiless".

I'm considering the words assiduus.

The rest of the sentence needs some reworking as well, because solus ego assiduus would be interpreted more like "I'm the only one to be relentless".

You could have solus cum sum, assiduus sum with the sense that you're relentless when you're alone or solus cum sim, assiduus sum with the sense that you are relentless even though you're alone, or yet again etiam solus cum sum, assiduus sum with the sense that you're relentless even when you're alone.

Now, I'm also considering other options for the translation of "relentless". Assiduus is probably somewhat weaker than the English. So far I've considered acer and constans. We could even consider the superlative forms of these to make them stronger but only if the solus cum sim or the etiam solus cum sum version is chosen, I think, because in the solus cum sum one it could cause some ambiguity.

The technical details are meant for my colleagues, so they can say what they think.
I'm looking to get the phrase as a tattoo but n latin so if I could get a translation that's as accurate as possible in 3 words maybe 4 words max then I would appreciate that :)

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Both constans and assiduus seem neutral in their definitions. Acer, on the other hand, is definitely a more potent word, as if his being relentless makes a substantial impression on others. If that's what's intended, then I'm all for it.

Charioce

Both constans and assiduus seem neutral in their definitions. Acer, on the other hand, is definitely a more potent word, as if his being relentless makes a substantial impression on others. If that's what's intended, then I'm all for it.
By definiton what is the english translation of "Acer"? I can't find it but does it literally mean relentless or is it a synonym for it?

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Acer doesn't literally mean "relentless", no, but it can mean things like "ardent", "very eager", "passionate", "vehement", etc, all of which convey similar ideas as "relentless".

Charioce

Acer doesn't literally mean "relentless", no, but it can mean things like "ardent", "very eager", "passionate", "vehement", etc, all of which convey similar ideas as "relentless".
I'm looking to get a tattoo based on the word relentless and I have been considering multiple phrases such as

"Alone, I am relentless."
"Relentless in my efforts"
Or using "Veni/Vidi/Vici" and underneath it have "Because I am relentless" in latin

I can't quite pick one because I'm trying to find the most accurate translations as well as the best sounding one!
If there is any phrase translation that involves being "relentless" and it makes sense please do let me know :)

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Doesn't immodus work? (From the other thread.)

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I'm looking to get a tattoo based on the word relentless ...
If there is any phrase translation that involves being "relentless" and it makes sense please do let me know :)
I'm confused. Are you dissatisfied with acer because it doesn't literally mean "relentless"? Latin is a quite old language, and so many nuances that exist in English won't have direct translations in Latin. I'm not aware of any word that both means "relentless" and carries an underlying meaning of "consistent", as you say you want here:
but what I mean is relentless in my effort to push forward. Being consistent even when Im alone in life without any help from family/friends.
Actually, now that I've reread what I just quoted, constans might be fine if you don't mind it being less emphatic, and it actually can literally mean "consistent", "unchanging", etc.

Doesn't immodus work? (From the other thread.)
You mean immotus? And it might.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Charioce

I'm confused. Are you dissatisfied with acer because it doesn't literally mean "relentless"? Latin is a quite old language, and so many nuances that exist in English won't have direct translations in Latin. I'm not aware of any word that both means "relentless" and carries an underlying meaning of "consistent", as you say you want here:

Actually, now that I've reread what I just quoted, constans might be fine if you don't mind it being less emphatic, and it actually can literally mean "consistent", "unchanging", etc.
So the phrase would go Solus Ego Constans?

Charioce

So below Veni Vidi Vici I could say:
Quia Ego Immotus?

Also is Quia the only word that translates to "because"?

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

So the phrase would go Solus Ego Constans?
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to get away with a three-word translation without creating some sort of ambiguity. What Pacifica said applies here too; solus ego constans reads more like "I am the only one to be relentless". Something to the effect of cum solus sum, constans sum, which means "When(ever) I am alone, I am relentless", might be desirable, though.
So below Veni Vidi Vici I could say:
Quia Ego Immotus?
Immotus/constans. And I'm assuming that the two lines are related (i.e. "I came, I saw, I conquered, because I am relentless")?
Also is Quia the only word that translates to "because"?
There are also quod and quoniam.

Charioce

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to get away with a three-word translation without creating some sort of ambiguity. What Pacifica said applies here too; solus ego constans reads more like "I am the only one to be relentless". Something to the effect of cum solus sum, constans sum, which means "When(ever) I am alone, I am relentless", might be desirable, though.

Immotus/constans. And I'm assuming that the two lines are related (i.e. "I came, I saw, I conquered, because I am relentless")?

There are also quod and quoniam.
Just to cover my bases as this will permanently be on my body.

Does the Veni, Vidi, and Vici (tattoo image attached)
and the phrase Quoniam Ego Immotus placed right below it make sense if my intention is to say "I came, I saw, I conquered; because I am relentless"?

Edit: Actually it would say "; for I am relentless" right?

Attachments