Tattoo Live life the fullest, making death easier to cope

GC1986

Hi, guys!

I need help for my hourglass tattoo, because I really want a phrase written in latin, do not want something in latin that isn't correct or badly translated on the other hand...

I am not a native english speaker, so please correct me if the above sentence is wrong in any way.

I also would like the latin phrase to be short, so if possible, the translation should keep the meaning, but can be shorter.

Maybe something like: "fulfilled life befriends death"

Also a possibility: "create memories that outlast you"

I cannot decide between the two, maybe two tattoos will be necessary :D

Another thing: carpe diem is not an option.

Thank you so much in advance. I have read almost all the topics regarding similar translations, found nothing that 100% suits me..
Regards, G

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

As far as the English is concerned, I think it should be "Live life to the fullest, making death easier to cope with".

I could suggest a few options:

Vita plenissime utere ut mors facilior sit = Make the most of life so that death will be easier.

Vita bene/iucunde acta mortem amplectitur = A life well/pleasantly lived embraces death.

Qui bene/iucunde vixit mortem non timet = He who has lived well/pleasantly doesn't fear death.

Facilis ei mors est qui bene/iucunde vixit = Death is easy for the one who has lived well/pleasantly.

Memoriam (tui) relinque duraturam = Leave a lasting memory (of you).

GC1986

Hi,

As far as the English is concerned, I think it should be "Live life to the fullest, making death easier to cope with".

I could suggest a few options:

Vita plenissime utere ut mors facilior sit = Make the most of life so that death will be easier.

Vita bene/iucunde acta mortem amplectitur = A life well/pleasantly lived embraces death.

Qui bene/iucunde vixit mortem non timet = He who has lived well/pleasantly doesn't fear death.

Facilis ei mors est qui bene/iucunde vixit = Death is easy for the one who has lived well/pleasantly.

Memoriam (tui) relinque duraturam = Leave a lasting memory (of you).
Hi, Pacifica!

Thank you for the fast reply!!!

Also thank you for the amount of work put in!

Can I just ask you to try and make the phrase "create memories that outlast you" with a verb "create", so it is implicable that one has to put some effort in creating, not just waiting for the memorable situatins to come by.
If possible. The "Memoriam (tui) relinque duraturam" also fits perfectly, do not get me wrong!

The others are also great! Damn, I am having a hard time to decide now. Thank god i have till January to make up mind.

Thank you again.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Can I just ask you to try and make the phrase "create memories that outlast you" with a verb "create", so it is implicable that one has to put some effort in creating, not just waiting for the memorable situatins to come by.
Eam tui memoriam effice quae te diutius duret = "Create a memory of you that outlasts you."

Elabora ut memoria tui te diutius duret = "Strive to make the memory of you outlast you."

Elabora ut memoria tui perduret = "Strive to make the memory of you endure."