sounds of stories

Diogenes00

Hello, I'm wondering if I can get a translation of the phrase "Sounds of Stories". Of course I tried Google Translate but not sure if that's accurate, it comes up as "Sonitus fabulis."

would there be another word for stories instead of "Fabula" that could be used? I'm asking because people may think the phrase is saying that something is fabulous lol.

I also would be curious on whether "Sounds from Stories" would have a different translation? Right now this is for a music project I'm working on, so I think "Sounds of Stories" is more suitable. But if I can get both translations that would be great.

D

Deleted member 13757

Hello LCF!

Thanks for your reply. I'm presuming this is specifically for "Sounds OF Stories" correct? Would "Sounds FROM Stories" be any different?

Cheers.
Yes it would be.

sonus e fabellis // sound from stories

Diogenes00

Thanks for the help guys!

So I went with Sonus Fabellarum in the end and I'm liking it already. I just want to be accurate when people ask, so does it mean Sound of Stories or Sounds of Stories exactly? Even if it means Sound of Stories that's fine too, but I just want to know for my own sake. Does the Fabellarum part automatically make it mean Sounds in plural or?

If you can let me know that'd be really appreciated!

Diogenes00

Okay. So "Sonus Fabellarum" means "sound of stories" then?

I actually prefer "Sonus" instead of "Soni" so I will go with the original translation

thanks!

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Okay. So "Sonus Fabellarum" means "sound of stories" then?
Yes, sonus is singular. It means "sound".

Sonus Fabellarum translates as "sound of stories".

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Since he asked for the plural 'sounds', wouldn't it be soni?
There is a rarer fourth-declension form, if the OP prefers sonus to soni (it will be ambiguous between singular and plural, then, of course).