Looking for an Non Profit association's name

Jorge Munoz

Hello everybody!

It's a pleasure to join the community and keep enlarging my knowledge about Latin.

I would like to kindly ask you some help in order to find a name that can be suitable to the purposes of a Non Profit organization that we're starting up. We would like to have the correspondence in English of the following:
- People help / People support / People love.
- Children help / Children support / Children love.

Our main focus will be children, so any other suggestion would be more than welcome to express what our association is intended to make.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards for everybody!

Jorge

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

Do you mean "people" in the largest possible sense of "human beings" in general?

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hello everybody!

It's a pleasure to join the community and keep enlarging my knowledge about Latin.

I would like to kindly ask you some help in order to find a name that can be suitable to the purposes of a Non Profit organization that we're starting up. We would like to have the correspondence in English of the following:
- People help / People support / People love.
- Children help / Children support / Children love.
I was thinking of Manus adiutrix ; or Caritas (though it is already taken; maybe AGAPE )

Jorge Munoz

Thank you for your replies!

@Pacifica, yes I meant that.

I like Caritas very much, but indeed it's already taken... It needs to hehe one more word with it so that I can mix them both and generate a new name.

Many thanks again and wishing you a nice day!

Jorge

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

If you like the word caritas and just need one more word to go with it, that can be done by translating two of the phrases you originally suggested: "people love"* = caritas hominum; "children love"* = caritas puerorum. You can also switch the word order to hominum caritas and puerorum caritas if you like; it's equally correct.

*I think I'm right in assuming that you meant "love" as a noun (as in "people/children love" = "the love of people/children") rather than a verb (as in "people/children love" = "loving is something people/children do").

Jorge Munoz

Thank you very much Pacifica. What about Populum Caritas? Would this be correct?

Is there another word associated with children such as infant or youngster that might replace "Puerorum"?

Thank you so much again in advance!

Jorge

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis