Quid sum? (What am I?) Latin writing game

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

In prose order: si certo modo legeris, memet hic videbis.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The "certain way" is the accentual way, as opposed to quantitative.

B

Bitmap

quid sum? pueris dor una cum medicina, si medicina ipsa eis non placet. quaedam animalia, quae volant, me faciunt. ex me bestia audacissima mundi nomen capit.

audacissimus, a, um = superlative of audax, "daring, bold, fearless"

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I guess you should add a warning like "Pacifica isn't allowed to answer this one" or something.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Parvus durusque sum. In quodam libro pueri me (et alios mei similes) in condiscipulos iacere narrantur. Quid sum?

B

Bitmap

I guess you should add a warning like "Pacifica isn't allowed to answer this one" or something.
I don't want to exclude anyone from the game. I thought you'd notice that yourself and at least wait a little bit.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's hard to wait when you have the answer and don't know if anyone else is going to play in the first place. :p

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Usually only about 5 or 6 at most play this game, I don't blame you.

KarlaUK

Parvus durusque sum. In quodam libro pueri me (et alios mei similes) in condiscipulos iacere narrantur. Quid sum?
I am small and hard. In a certain book about a boy, me (and others similar to me) are reported to throw (why not be thrown) at schoolmates.
Sum lapillus.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I am small and hard.
That's correct.
In a certain book about a boy, me (and others similar to me) are reported to throw (why not be thrown) at schoolmates.
This is not.

Why not "be thrown" indeed? Because me (et alios mei similes) isn't the subject. It couldn't be: both because the verb narrantur wouldn't agree with an "I" or "we" subject, and because me et alios isn't in the nominative.

Now, which word could be the subject...?
Sum lapillus.
That's right.

B

Bitmap

parve silex, lapidum custos te tale merentem
in condiscipulos ingenti robore iactat.

B

Bitmap

I am small and hard. In a certain book about a boy, me (and others similar to me) are reported to throw (why not be thrown) at schoolmates.
Sum lapillus.
Well done! You get to propose the next riddle :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

parve silex, lapidum custos te tale merentem
in condiscipulos ingenti robore iactat.
Quonam facto meruit parvus iste silex iactari? :puzzled:

Ceterum quid est lapidum custos?