From Goblin to Ares

SevroAuBarca

“From Goblin to Ares”
Intended to be used as a motto, mantra, etc.
For me its about learning, growth, and rebirth while staying true to the warrior and wild child within. And something that hopefully sounds cool
Im a male.

thank you for your help!

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Ares is the Roman god of war?
and Goblin = "a grotesque sprite or elf that is mischievous or malicious toward people?"

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Nope, Árēs (Ἄρης) was Greek, the son of Zeus and Hera. His Roman counterpart was Mars.
and Goblin = "a grotesque sprite or elf that is mischievous or malicious toward people?"
True and not true...Tolkien's goblins cannot be described as "sprites", and are definitely not Elves! They are, however, apparently grotesque and malicious.

Last edited:

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Brain fart there, yes...I pulled that goblin definition from dictionary.com, was it?

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

“From Goblin to Ares” seems strange, but nevertheless... How about

Goblino devotus et Marti (i.e. devoted to Goblin and Ares) ???

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

I took it as more like "from brat to soldier."
brat = "misbehaving child" but there is also the term "army brat" = "child of a soldier."

SevroAuBarca

I took it as more like "from brat to soldier."
brat = "misbehaving child" but there is also the term "army brat" = "child of a soldier."
in a nutshell yes!

It’s definitely off but the goblin is a nickname for a character in a book called Red Rising by Pierce Brown. On the off chance someone might read the book.. I’ll just say he’s a sort of chaotic neutral who’s arc shows an outcasted mischievous person can break the mold and take on the mantle of something better than before.

Last edited: