Tattoo Nineties child

chaidog

Hi there everyone.

First time posting here. Very thankful for being welcome to your community and the help you offer.

This seems like a tricky one:
"nineties child" or "nineties boy".
As a child or boy that wasn't necessarily born in the nineties but lived through them as a youngster.

Not sure if there's such thing as a direct translation to specific decades in Latin. If that's the case, creative translations are welcome too.

Thank you so much!!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

There indeed isn't any established translation for that sort of thing, but I could propose puer decenni nonagenari, perhaps, as a kind of neologism. That's sort of like "child/boy of the decade that's related to the number ninety".

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

How about

„puer intra annos decem natus ante finem saeculi vicesimi“ ?

Not suitable for a tattoo:naughty:

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I don't see why not. Even a baby probably has enough skin to make it possible to tattoo this legibly. Not that I'm advocating tattooing babies, particularly with something that would not be factually accurate.

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Iusto me iure reprehendis, Pacifica. Quamobrem scribere nunc malim:

“puer intra annos decem educatus ante finem saeculi vicesimi“.

chaidog

Alright, thank you all for the effort. Appreciate the creativity.
And while skin real estate is not a problem, it's gonna go on top of a small tattoo, so it should be somehow brief.
I was thinking of doing a dirty crossover that may hurt your eyes:

"XC's PVER"

Should puer go before or after in this totally wrong case? And should it be spelled puer still?

Thanks!

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Perhaps another solution: puer nonagesimanus ??

Cf. Latin
quartus 4th > quartanus = belonging to the 4th
quintus 5th > quintanus = belonging to the 5th
etc.
nonagesimus 90th > Why not formed on analogy *nonagesimanus = belonging to the 90th ?
(Possible objection to this artificial word *nonagesimanus: It doesn't exist in Latin litterature)

:puzzled: