All uses of the subjunctive

By Lucius Marius, in 'Latin Grammar Questions', Mar 11, 2019.

1. Lucius Marius New Member

Salvete!

I have been learning Latin for some years now but I always neglected the subjunctive except for its most common uses, such as I found in the Bible. I'd like to set out on a 'journey' this year and master this mood once and for all, so to speak, as I find that it is the missing link in my knowledge and understanding of various texts. Alas I find that the textbooks I possess (around 4) have the various uses of the mood scattered, to my annoyance, all over the book instead of in a single place. Could you recommend to me some list of the various uses and examples of these uses? I learn best when I see multiple examples with litteral translations, and also when I am able to form an overview of the whole system, not just singular usages.

Gratias ago vobis responsuris

Lucius
  2. Cinefactus Censor

• Censor
  3. Lucius Marius New Member

Thank you very much for directing me towards that resource! From what I see it is trully comprehensive and systematic. More so than any other book I chanced upon.
  4. Cinefactus Censor

• Censor
    Charles Bennett also wrote a primer on Early Latin Grammar. He must have been an exceptional Latinist.