aram akdam aksadam malatu yasalem barnabal orabetis verbum higozum hom

By Tyrone Tuliao, in 'Other Languages', Jan 2, 2013.

1. Tyrone Tuliao New Member

Does anybody know this Latin Prayer?
    My grandfather handed it down to my uncle.

Serious answers only please.

Thank you very much and a happy 2013! :)
  2. Dido Active Member

Are you sure it's Latin? It doesn't really look like it...
  3. The only word that is to be Latin in that prayer is"verbum" yet 'orabetis' looks like it could be a garbled form of 'oro' perhaps? As for the rest, like Dido said, it doesn't look like Latin. Perhaps Turkish or something similar?
  4. Brunhilda Praetor

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    Well you posted this on several places and it has been told to you already that this is not Latin.
  5. Dido Active Member

Google Translate (please don't hit me!) detects it as Turkish, but doesn't give a translation. It's surely not Latin, but I wonder which language it is then.
  6. Schatzl Active Member

You will get nothing but serious answers here, amice (friend). ;) Anyway, my best guess is that maybe it's a mixture of quite a few languages? The "z" in higozum is only used in Greek words. That's all I could come up with.
  7. Brunhilda Praetor

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    Aram, Akdam, Aksadam are three archangels who guided Jesus Christ.

Was it found on the anting anting, or the triangle medalyon, the solo mata?
  8. Schatzl Active Member

I searched the first three words and got a section from the Vulgate. Something about Noah's sons. And a genealogy "and Hezron begat Ram..." And so on all the way to Abraham, so it's definitely religious somehow.

Sorry! Can't find the edit button! But I jut did a search on aram, and some stuff about Shem came up. So maybe the other words, akdam and aksadam are the other two sons, but Ham/Canaan was the "bad" son? It's sad, we had a test on this on 12/21 in school and I can't remember this without looking back at notes...and google.
  9. My searches are telling me it is some kind of Filipino prayer for protection.

Source:http://www.soas.ac.uk/grr/publications/file24580.pdf
    Footnote 26, btw.

When I typed Aram, Akdam, Aksadam into Google it automatically changed the k's to c's, not that it matters really...
  10. Brunhilda Praetor

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    Yes indeed - Aram, Akdam, Aksadam in Filipino means the three archangels who guided Jesus Christ, and can be found on an amulet or anting anting.
  11. Abbatissæ Scriptor Senex

• Civis Illustris
    Another Italic language, Oscan or Umbrian perhaps? 'Higozum' looks like an unroticised genitive plural of an 'o' stem noun.
  12. George Arnold Member

Could it be Amharic or Coptic???

In the Esoteric Knowledge, there are multiple names of the Three Persons, like: ARAM – name of the Father, AKDAM – son and AKSADAM – Holy Spirit; ADRA – Father, MADRA – Son and ADRADAM – Holy Spirit.
    Origin: http://www.scribd.com/doc/58960345/Bible-Commentary

malatu ??
    yasalem, yäsälem = to bring peace (Amharic, Semitic)
    barna? bal ( bal => ba'al ??; Lord, God)

ora-bet-is ; bet = house, home??? (hebrew, arabic)

verbum higozum hom ???
    Last edited by George Arnold, Jan 4, 2013
  13. Aurifex Aedilis

• Aedilis
    I'd say it's most likely to be hocus-pocus.