Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

By Anonymous, in 'Latin to English Translation', Sep 5, 2006.

1. Anonymous Guest

i was looking for a saying in latin for a tattoo and i found

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

the website i found it on is all pink and girly and i dont really trust it lol so while it says it means "I'll either find a way or make one" i'd like to get a second opinion, or a third, or fourth really =) thanks
  2. Iynx Consularis

• Consularis
    That's what it means, all right: "I shall find a way or make one". It's a common saying, but I don't know the original source-- anyone?

If you are considering a tattoo based on any Latin gleaned here, you should also consider the Disclaimer at the top of this Section/
  3. Robert New Member

On hearing it, I immediately thought "hannibal"- the cartheginian general that is, and the whole melting rocks with vinegar to pass over the alps malarky.

I can't provide any reference however, its just a feeling, but certainly if true you needn't worry about your source being all pink frill's and effeminacy :)