1. sparkliebunny New Member

bunny of the wood

I know bunny (rabbit) in latin is lepus, but after that I am stuck, :? I want it for several reasons, am a member of a historical society and I need a name & I think a latin name would sound better, am re-designing my website and would like to create something for the front page (enter page) & also maybe the phrase as a tattoo.

thank you in advance

bunny
  2. Jason210 New Member

Seems pretty quiet in these forums so I'll venture a translation. It does seem straightforward enough. Do you want to be a hare or a rabbit? Lepus is hare, but rabbit is "Cuniculus". Forest is "Silva".

hare of the forest would be: Lepus silvae

Check before you get the tattoo!!!
  3. sparkliebunny New Member

so rabbit of the forest would be: Cuniculus Silvae ??

thanks jason!! :D

but i prefer the sound of "Lepus" to "Cuniculus" i think :? (would i be a pain to ask how it is spoken?)

& yes of course i will check before i get tattoo done, if i do decide to get it tattooed that is
  4. Jason210 New Member

I guess so. I think Lepus Silvae sounds better though :)

Pronunciation would be LEH-puss SIL-vye, stress on the first syllable, I think.