1. KnightSolaire New Member

Greetings,

A group of friends and I are setting up a Fraternal order. We intend for it to be a Christian men's organization that instills faith, fortitude, and fraternal love among the members. we have come up with the phrase "Christ Impels" to be our fraternal motto. I like the verb "impel" for its forceful and strong connotation. As if there is no other way to go. Of course the full phrase would be "Christ impels us", referring to the men within the organization; However, if possible I'd like to be shortened to just "Christ impels". You know, because mottoes have got to be short.

If that doesn't work within a proper Latin structure, well I won't argue with a millennia old language.

Thanks.
  2. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Hi,

It will translate fine as impellit Christus.
    KnightSolaire likes this.
  3. syntaxianus Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Consider this Biblical source:

2 Cor 5:14 For the love of Christ urges us on, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died. (NRSVCE)

2 Cor 5:14 Caritas enim Christi urget nos: aestimantes hoc, quoniam si unus pro omnibus mortuus est, ergo omnes mortui sunt: Biblia Sacra Vulgata (VULGATE)

KnightSolaire likes this.