Cute animals thread (for malleolus and some others)

By Pixie, in 'Non-Latin Talk', Mar 10, 2013.

1. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    It seems that some folks here like cute (baby) animals.

Hi malleolus :)

[IMG]
    Last edited by Pixie, Mar 10, 2013
  2. Aurifex Aedilis

• Aedilis
    I find the natural ones (i.e. the non-Photoshopped) more endearing. Just as humans can be stripped of their essential dignity (dehumanized) when they are made to behave like animals, so animals can be stripped of their dignity when they are made to behave like humans. I can accept that not everyone may see it this way though. I'm assuming this image is Photoshopped; maybe I'm wrong.
    Hawkwood, Pacis puella and Brunhilda like this.
  3. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    Hmm, you could be right, although I didn't think it was photoshopped....nevertheless I changed the picture :)
    Aurifex likes this.
  4. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    [IMG]

Little chipmunk baby
  5. Aurifex Aedilis

• Aedilis
  6. Aurifex Aedilis

• Aedilis
  7. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    Aww an otter :)

[IMG]

For the ornithologists among us
    epaminondas and Aurifex like this.
  8. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    What was the photoshoped one?
  9. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    [IMG]
    Pixie likes this.
  10. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    [IMG]

At first glance I didn't think it was photoshopped.....but perhaps Aurifex is right.
  11. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
  12. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    [IMG]
    When I was like 6, we lived in the countryside, and once I kidnapped a little baby like this one, and I kept it in a, you know the kind of really little plastic swimming polls for kids (you can't actually swim in that, but I don't know another word) in my garden. I'd called it "Crapinonus". I don't know how long I kept it - it was a long time ago, lol - maybe one week or two, or maybe less, time seems long at that age. But one day it escaped and I was really sad. And I remember, like one year later, the day we moved from there to another home, before getting in the car, I saw a big toad on the side next to the bushes, and I thought it was Crapinonus grown up that'd come back to say good bye before we left. I went to stroke it.

PS: "Crapinonus" wasn't because I was already fan of Latin, I was just fan of dinosaurs.
    Numarius and Pixie like this.
  13. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    OMG that is so cute :) I used to do the same with snails since my parents didn't allow me to have any other pets. They used to crawl on the bottles of soda :) I tried to feed them with grass and lettuce but usually they'd be gone after a day or two....or my parents took them outside which is more likely...having been fed up with tentacles peering from the glasses and bottles.

Then they finally allowed me to have guinea pig - cuddliest animal I have ever had:

[IMG]

She looked just like this and I called her Uja :)

Pacis puella likes this.
  14. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    [IMG]
    malleolus likes this.
  15. Bestiola Speculatrix

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    [IMG]
    Aurifex and Pacis puella like this.
  16. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    I used to love snails too! :) I was always playing with them... We've even got a picture of me - at 3, 4, 5 maybe? - with I don't know how many of them on me... My hands, my arms, possibly even my head (I'd have to check to be sure)... :confused:
    Pixie likes this.
  17. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Indeed I don't think it looks very natural either.
  18. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    There was also a lot of bats where we lived then. One day in the morning we even found one in our kitchen sink.
    Pixie likes this.
  19. Imber Ranae Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris
    A kiddie pool?
    Eww. Snails are just glorified slugs.
  20. Manus Correctrix QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris
    Paddling pool.
Tags: laurentius