1. naamahdarling New Member

"Dried Pickle Man" is the entire splendid phrase.

It's the nickname of my hideous cat, and I intend to use it in a medieval-style saint portrait of the stinky bastard himself.

It is a title, like Commander in Chief.

The pickle is dried, not the man, and is the sort of cucumber pickle chip/slice you get on a burger.

Though the sticker in the picture in the link says "dry," it is the past-tense "dried" that is needed here, if that matters at all.

Thank you!

- Alex
  2. Hemo Rusticus Tom Bombadillo

• Civis Illustris
    I don't think the Roman had 'pickle' as in 'cucumber fermented in brine', so we'll have to finagle. My offering is not exact, but preserves the humor (I think) because of the scarcely-attested and laughably long adjective:

Homo Cucumeraceus Salsus (lit. 'salted cucumber-like man'). Also, without any grammatical intricacy (e.g. a genitive phrase), it sounds rather like the scientific name of a species.
  3. Hemo Rusticus Tom Bombadillo

• Civis Illustris
    Incidentally, your name is rather close to the Latin for 'fish-brine sauce' (alec).
  4. Hemo Rusticus Tom Bombadillo

• Civis Illustris
    And your cat looks like a good ol' son of a gun.