Everyone else is a craphat

By Bobby0178, in 'Latin Insults, Profanity', Jun 11, 2010.

1. Bobby0178 New Member

Is there anyone who can translate this phrase for me?.

Everyone else is a craphat
  2. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Sorry, what is a craphat?
  3. Nikolaos schmikolaos

• Censor
    Perhaps it is what a derby becomes when an individual is stranded in the desert with no, er, sanitizing tissue?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  4. Imprecator Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Lit. "omnes alteri vestituti pileis merdae sunt"?
  5. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    you appear to know what a craphat is :(

alter has no plural
  6. Imprecator Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Then ceteri.
  7. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    yes, and without omnes
  8. Bobby0178 New Member

A Craphat is what somebody who is not a paratrooper is refered to by a para it refers to that they do not wear a maroon beret. I kind of understand the translation except for the vestituti part, could the phrase be shortened to something along the lines of "Ceteri pileis merdae sunt" ?

Thanks for your help so far
  9. Nikolaos schmikolaos

• Censor
    I don't sere how this can be translated into Latin - craphat is obviously exclusively English, with no connection to the military lingo of any other language. On top of that, there were no paratroopers in ancient days, and no word to refer to them.

I don't know if the meaning would be recognized by anyone in Latin.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  10. Imber Ranae Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris
    It does. It cannot be used like this, though.

Why not omnes? It's not strictly necessary, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
  11. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    ceteri by itself implies all the others already. Adding omnes would be pleonastic
  12. Bobby0178 New Member

Craphat is in a sense just a wider spanning word for a Pouge whoe is somebody whos military duty does not involve combat sometimes referred to as Pogo or in swedish Malaj, the meaning of the phrase only has to be recognised as a translation from english to latin it would apearthat at the best of times translation betwen english and latin or the other way around is open to intepretation and does not always translate well I am simply after a reasonable translation to possibly use as a print on a t shirt for my platoon

13. Imber Ranae Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris
    There's nothing wrong with pleonasm. Sallust uses it.
Tags: profanity