1. russ garabelis New Member

Nevermind. Kept searching forum and found a post. Sorry about that.

I am new to the group. I've been following the forum for a bit and have been super impressed with the wealth of knowledge of your members.

Anyways, recently had a big life scare and am planning to get a tattoo to serve as a reminder. I looked through the family and friendship phrases and saw some answers that I think would work but really wanted to be sure so here I am.

I am planning on Dum vivimus, vivamos. Familia supra omnia. I understand it to mean "While we live, let us live. Family above all." but want to be sure. This is what Google returns on a search but have read about familia not being an accurate translation of family.

In addition to the translation, not sure about punctuation. Should I capitalize the first word in sentence, use commas/periods?

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by russ garabelis, Feb 16, 2018