Fascinating Latin Inscriptions in Málaga, Spain and attempts of transcription

By Jiacheng Liu, in 'General Latin Chat (English)', Jun 12, 2018.

1. Whoops, I made a typo in the title and now I can’t change it, I meant “and” not “an”

First of all, let me be clear of this, I strongly doubt its grammatical accuracy, I have spent a whole afternoon sitting under this inscription trying to decipher the potentially erroneous Latin on the wall.
    Enough taking, here’s the picture. I enhanced the contrast to make it more legible.

[IMG]

My own attempt of transcription

Nequis aedificia quae [sic] restiturus non erit desiruat[??? Illegible] nequis in oppidō municipal[is] fiavi malacita LXII ni quae que el oppido continentia aedificia erunt aedificium detegito destruido demoliundum[q]ue [sic, I know demolior is deponent and has no passive] curato nisi decurionum conscriptorum[q]ue sententia cum major pars eorum ad fuerit, quod restiturus intra proximum annum non erit. qui aduersus ea fecerit. quanti E.R.E T.P. Municitibus municipi flavi malacitani D.D.E. Elus que pecuniae de que ea pecuniā municipi Elus municipii qui volet cui que per H.L. Licerit acti o petitio per se cutio eslo [illegible]

The problems are:

1) Lots of “quod” and its declined form have no corresponding antecedents
    2) There’s tons of “que”’s that made me suspect if this was a Latin-Spanish mix
    3) Why do the future participles take the future form of “esse”? Don’t we use the present form instead? Wouldn’t using a future form of “esse” plus a future participle create redundant sentences like “will be going to do” rather than a simple “is going to do”?

I googled around and found no transcriptions or translations, would anyone here want to try to give an transcription or translation?
  2. Etaoin Shrdlu Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
  3. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    It's a gerundive (= demoliendum). Deponent verbs do have future passive participles/gerundives, it's the one exception to the "active meanings" rule.
    Words like curo are often followed by a gerundive:
    (b). With acc. and gerundive, to cause something to be done, to order, to urge on, etc. (in good prose and very freq.; predominant in Cæsar): pontem in Arari faciundum, Caes. B. G. 1, 13: obsides inter eos dandos, id. ib. 1, 19; 3, 11; 4, 29 et saep.: buculam faciendam, Cic. Div. 1, 24, 48: epistulam mihi referendam, id. Att. 8, 5, 1: fratrem interficiendum, Nep. Timol. 1, 4 al.—
  4. So what does the “-ve” do right there in “demoliundumve”?

Also are the gerundives, future passive participle and the future passive imperative the same thing?
  5. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    The ve is "or", connecting destruito and curato
    ne quis...aedificium destruito demoliundumve curato
    No one shall destroy a building or have it demolished.

Gerundives and future passive participles are the same. Future passive imperatives are completely different. Here, destruito and curato are 3rd person future active imperatives. They're used in legal proclamations and official inscriptions, like here, and convey the idea of "let him verb" or "he shall verb". Future passive imperatives are just the passive versions of that, and are very rare. Something like si quis alium interficiet, capite damnator ("if anyone will kill someone else, he shall be punished by death"; something you might find in a code of laws or the like)
  6. Imperfacundus Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris
    That looks like a giant facsimile of a paper document. Interesting. The letters even show some variation.