1. The forum will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance this weekend. This will take place around:

Tokyo (UTC+9): November 23 9:00AM
    New Delhi (UTC+5:30): November 23 5:30AM
    Rome (UTC+1): November 23 1:00AM
    EST (UTC-5): November 22 7:00PM
    PST (UTC-8): November 22 4:00PM

Downtime should not last more than 48 hours. If the maintenance can not be completed in that time frame, further downtime will be scheduled for a later date.

Helvittii cum de ejus adventu certiores facti essent, legatos, nobilissimos civitatis, ad eum miseru

By Evie Buttox, in 'Latin to English Translation', Jan 28, 2019.

1. Evie Buttox New Member

Helvittii cum de ejus adventu certiores facti essent, legatos, nobilissimos civitatis, ad eum miserunt. "Sine ulla injuria," inquiunt, "iter per provinciam faciemus. Aliud iter habemus nullum."
  2. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    This is adapted from Caesar's De Bello Gallico, making me think it's homework. I will point out that the other thread you started also seemed suspiciously like homework. Please either make your own attempt at translating the passage or explain where you found these passages.
  3. Evie Buttox New Member

But I do not do Latin. I am enrolled in Spanish
  4. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    How come you need to translate school Latin, then?
  5. Evie Buttox New Member

"School Latin?" Why are you assuming that this is "School Latin?" This is just Latin. I found a passage of Latin called "The Helvetian Drive to the West" and I have to beginning of it already translated but not this part. I'm not cheating I swear. I don't even do Latin.
  6. Etaoin Shrdlu Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Ah, those stray scraps of Latin that drift across one's path. With quotation marks and everything.
  7. Evie Buttox New Member

Whoa, calm down. I got permission from my mom. you need to take a chill pill. Did you get permission from your mom? hmmmmmmmmmmm
  8. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    We're assuming that it's "School Latin" because it's an adapted passage of the sort you would find in a textbook, homework assignment, exam, etc.

You're being very unclear on where you found this passage and why you need it translated, which only makes us more suspicious.
  9. Evie Buttox New Member

Alright, I guess you all can't translate it but thanks for "trying!" I found someone else to do it for me. I guess for being a "Latin Discussion" site you're not allowed to discuss latin. Anyways, thanks for 'trying.'
  10. Territus Latinae New Member

The passage is a direct copy from Henle Latin second year, which includes an adaptation of Caesar's Gallic Wars, with a part titled The Helvetian Drive to the West, which I'm doing at the moment as well.

The passage you copied begins at line 71, not especially near the beginning.