1. Hello Friends,

I am writing a work of fiction and was hoping I could get some help naming a group of characters something like a Roman biker gang. I need something along the lines of "Hounds of Heaven". I think "dominicanus" is a possible form but I would like something that doesn't make people think of the monks. If there are other combinations (such as dog, wolf, mongrel, and paradise, sky, vault, celestial, quintessence, empyrean) that work better or sound good together, I would much appreciate all of your expertise.

Thank you in advance for your help.

matthew
  2. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    canes caelestes
    Matthaeus, Issacus Divus and Godmy like this.
  3. Thank you Bitmap,

How would you pronounce these two words? If the "c's" are pronounced like "k" it sounds pretty cool in my head.

Any other suggestions?
  4. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Before I write a convoluted post to *explain* how to pronounce it, I'll quickly tag Godmy -- he sometimes does audio files of such things. If he doesn't, I'll get back to you.
  5. Godmy A Monkey

• Civis Illustris
    Ah, thanks for tagging, here's the recording:

Attached Files:

Bitmap likes this.
  6. Thank you Bitmap and Godmy! The way that sounds is good enough for me. I definitely appreciate the recording!
  7. Brilliant.