1. shepscape New Member

Thanks, All, for your collective help.

I don't know whether the distiction is important in Latin, but I meant "I must be enough" and "I will be enough" as expressions of self-determination, rather than simple statements of future events. Are these two translations still applicable?

Thanks again.
  2. Manus Correctrix QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris
    Maybe just:

Satis sim.
  3. Louise Young New Member

Hi Jenna

I've just been Googling because I want to get the exact same thing tattooed as you! I have been through counseling and "I am enough", and "This Too Shall Pass" are 2 phrases that have helped me through a lot and continue to do so, I never want to forget them.

Did you get the tattoo done Jenna? And would you be happy to send a photo/describe it? (not that I'm going to copy you, I am just interested!)

I looked up This too shall pass, it doesn't look quite the same. I'm considering just trying to come up with some design of my own that encompasses both phrases, in some way, not sure how...

Thanks
    Louise
  4. Abbatiſſæ Scriptor Senex

• Civis Illustris
  5. Pcari New Member

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but my questions are going to reference this thread. I'd like the translation for 'I am enough'. If the translations below are wrong, it's likely my misunderstanding.

1. 'Ego Satis' - Translation: 'I enough' with strongly inferred 'am'. How strong is the invisible 'am' here? Is it one of those things a person would automatically translate it or ...? (I'm imagining phrases like 'evening' which is 'have a good evening' or g'day = good day. A short hand that everyone would automatically fill in mentally. Correct me if I'm wrong?)

2. 'Ego satis sum' - Translation: 'I am enough'.

I'd like the phrase to either be feminine or gender neutral. The capitalization of words won't alter the meaning, correct? I have both the way I'd like them just to be sure.

I'm open to alternatives, but I believe I'd like one of those if they're proper language.
  6. Imperfacundus Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris
    1. Yes, it's a bit like the second "is" in this sentence: "He was a soldier, and she a maid."

2. The phrase doesn't specify either gender and capitalization doesn't affect the meaning