illud divinum insanus

By maik, in 'Latin to English Translation', Mar 16, 2011.

1. maik New Member

Hello everybody,
    The american metal band Morbid Angel recently anounced the title of their new album: 'illud divinum insanus'. However, I think this is incorrect Latin. It should be either illud divinum insanuM, of ille divinus insanus. Am I right, or am I missing something???
    What would be the meaning of the grammatically corrected 'illud divinum insanuM', or 'ille divinus insanus'?
    Thanks for your help.
    Maik,
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
  2. deudeditus Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    that godlike thing. an insane man.
    as for what it should be, that depends on what they were trying to say.
  3. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    If it's illud, then the rest oughtta be divinum insanum. I would render that as 'that divine, insane thing'
  4. divīnum, ī n. - can be also a noun and mean a religious rite, usually involving sacrifice (see OLD), can mean godliness(Sen) and even profecy(Eccl). In this case translation would be different.
  5. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    but the modifier must agree with the noun anyhow
    Godmy likes this.
  6. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    We could imply some verb. "That religious rite a madman [would do it]", for example.