Inform to Influence

By TJay, in 'English to Latin Translation', Jun 7, 2019.

1. TJay New Member

Does anyone know the correct interpretation of “Inform to Influence” or a variation of the saying (i.e. “inform in order to influence”)?

The best I’ve been able to come up with is “Animum Certiorem”
  2. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    That is neither a correct translation nor even a complete sentence.

Your request is difficult, for two reasons: the best way to translate "influence" is debatable, and there is also a sort of wordplay in the English with the two in-'s, which will further constrain the translation if we want to reproduce something similar.

I'll give an idea to start the ball rolling but wait and see if others have something to say. It could be that it's too ambiguous as a stand-alone phrase.

Instrue ut impellas.
    Laurentius likes this.
  3. TJay New Member

Would it help the ambiguity issue if I said “Affect through education” or “Guide through education”?
  4. syntaxianus Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    praecipe ut afficias

Inform / Instruct so that you may influence.

It is vague...influence how or to what end? The weather itself has influence on us, as does deep meditation on great works of art.