1. Dairymilkbatman New Member

Hi from the uk.

Please excuse me, I cannot seem to post in the right section and I tried to PM a moderator.
    I simply need the above sentence translated and also - could I see what it mite look like in Latin? I keep getting differentiating translations.

Let me know how much.

Many kind regards

Dairymilkbatman
  2. Ser Nūmen lūnāre

• Civis Illustris
    What sentence are you asking about?
  3. Dairymilkbatman New Member

Hi,

Liber Medicina Animi

:)
  4. Ser Nūmen lūnāre

• Civis Illustris
    Bleh, this is too easy, to the point I don't want to go through the hassle of getting payment.

"A book is medicine for the soul."

This is good Latin too, cf. the attestations of animi...medicina in Cicero's Tusculanae Disputationes, book 3.

You're probably wondering about the translation "A book is the soul's medicine" that you can find in the Internet. That's the same thing, it just happens that would be a more literal translation, whereas "a book is medicine for the soul" sounds better in English.
  5. Dairymilkbatman New Member

What about what the sentence would look like in the actual Latin alphabet? is that worth payment? :)
    Please excuse my ignorance, I have no idea but, what would the sentence actually look like? I see all the weird (to me) dots,dashes etc Sound utterly stupid just reading what I just said haha.

Yes, you was 100%, a simple google just confused me more.

Many thanks Ser
  6. Ser Nūmen lūnāre

• Civis Illustris
    The Latin alphabet is the same as the English alphabet.
  7. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    Better yet, the English IS derived directly from the Latin letters.