Liturgia Horarum

By ThomasXX, in 'General Latin Chat (English)', Feb 27, 2018.

1. ThomasXX Member

I have been praying the Liturgy of the Hours using various sources: Kindle, iBeviary, website in Spain, most of which are not complete. I found an excellent one in PDF format with links to move around in the text. It is the full version of the 1985 edition of the Liturgy of the Hours in Latin which is no longer available in print. (I did find one for $1,800 :) ) The quality is excellent and you can load them on an iPAD and use them when you do not have Internet access. Each volume is available for 11,5 Euros. Here is the website if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Thomas

http://www.breviariodigitale.com/ebooks.cfm?categoria=tutte&lingua=tutte&rito=tutte&parola=
    Terry S. likes this.
  2. Terry S. flamen

• Civis Illustris
    I use the edition published by Midwest Theological Forum. I see it is also OOP at present.
  3. ThomasXX Member

I was always sort of scandalized that the ROMAN BREVIARY was not available in Latin.
  4. Terry S. flamen

• Civis Illustris
    You have a far better chance of getting the traditional Roman Breviary in Latin than you do the new rite Liturgia Horarum. Baronius Press has a bilingual edition in print.
  5. rothbard Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    The Liturgia Horarum in Latin is available as a free Android app on Google Play.
  6. Terry S. flamen

• Civis Illustris
  7. ThomasXX Member

Thanks Rothbard. It is better than iBreviary e.g., it has all the Little Hours. I already had their Compline which is a separate app. It will be sweet it they add the Common and Proper of Saints.

Regards,
    Thomas