Tattoo Live without regret, love with no limits

By montys01, in 'English to Latin Translation', Jul 16, 2010.

1. montys01 New Member

Hi,
    I am wanting to get a tattoo meaning "live without regret, love with no limits" in latin, and wondering what is the best translation? I have already researched it, and found "sine ullo vivere desiderio". Is this correct?
    Thanks!
  2. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    sine ullo vivere desiderio means "to live without any desire"
    but it is an infinitive ... I take you want that phrase to be an imperative, don't you?!
  3. montys01 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm just wanting the clearest possible translation, without loosing the meaning of the phrase if possible.

4. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    this is a bit of a freer suggestion:

curīs vīve abiectīs, fīnibus amā neglēctīs
  5. montys01 New Member

Thanks - can you explain how it translates? I have also been told from a latin speaking person that I could use "vive sin arrepentirte, ama sin limites" - is this correct?
  6. scrabulista Consul

• Consul
    "Live with cares thrown away, love with borders neglected."

"Without" is sine. You could change limites to limitibus, but finibus is probably more common. I'm not familiar with arrepentirte. It appears to be Spanish (as sin is).

If you want something more literal you could do something like: Vive sine paenitentia, ama sine finibus/limitibus.
  7. Nikolaos schmikolaos

• Censor
    That was definitely Spanish... that whole "Latin-America" thing really throws a lot of people off.