1. Peder Hammarskiöld New Member

I am designing a medal based on joke medal for a club I am part of. It is a pastich of a propaganda medal issued b Lous XIV of France. I am going to make a few changes to the design, among them the latin phrase 'Nec Pluribus Impar', wich I understand translates to the rather cryptical 'Not unequal to many'. I woul like the text to read 'Lubricate yourself well', meaning 'apply sunblock thoroughly". How would I phrase this in latin, preferably in three words?
    [IMG]
  2. Adrian Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    (Contra solem / contra solis lucem) te [diligenter/ apte] unge - lubricate yourself [diligently / properly] (against the sun / against the sunshine)

Edit :
    eventually
    corpus omnino ungatur - the body is to be entirely smeared with oil.
    totum corpus unge - lubricate the whole body
    corpus omnino unge - lubricate the body thoroughly
    Last edited by Adrian, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    If addressed to several people, then ung(u)ite.
  4. Peder Hammarskiöld New Member

Thank you very much! I will post a picture of the medal once its been stamped andf recieved.
  5. Godmy A Monkey

• Civis Illustris
    Mmmm... the context is everything (speaking of the thread title).
    Callaina likes this.
  6. Callaina Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

Hahaha, the same thing occurred to me ;)
    Godmy likes this.
  7. Callaina Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris
    Now, if we want to preserve the ambiguity (and double entendre), we could maybe use the postclassical verb lubrico.

Could bene lubrica te take on the same double meaning as the English implies?
  8. Godmy A Monkey

• Civis Illustris
    Mmmm.. who knows :)