1. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    The way I understood it was that the majority of contributors are able to speak English :p

I may be a bit of a traditionalist, but the English-Latin translation forum is a subforum that has always existed in all of the time I can remember being here.

I'm not opposed to the idea of allowing people to ask for translations from languages other than English. I just think this forum is split up into too many subfora already, and some of them are pretty pointless in my opinion.

Lol :) Yes, you have to specify that. It's the same in German schools or universities.
  2. Godmy A Monkey

• Civis Illustris
    overeaten by bananas!
  3. Godmy A Monkey

• Civis Illustris
    Etaoin I meant that the requests in "to Latin" translations section are 99.9% English (I think another languages appeared scarcely, although usually embedded into an English request) - I think, in fact that that number is a reasonable estimate.
  4. Callaina Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

The national Latin sight translation competition here explicitly allows for translations into English and French (and no others), as they are the two official languages.