Oedipus and the Sphynx.

By root, in 'Latin Culture', Jul 31, 2010.

1. root Member

Hi:

I'd like to know what were the exact words pronounced by the Sphynx when Oedipus was standing in front of her.
    I remember the Sphynx asked Oedipus to solve a dilemma. If I knew the play, then I'd have half a problem solved. But, on the one hand, Oedipus is in plays by both Sophocles and Aeschylus. And on the other hand, the total number of plays with Oedipus as a character is large. Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks for reading.

Enrique.

P.S.: I know this is Latin, not Greek chat. But as Latin literature can be regarded, in a certain way and up to a certain degree, an offspring of Greek literature, I dare post in this forum which I consider to be a discovery to have found.
  2. Akela viam inveniam

• Princeps Senatus
    Do you mean "What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night?"