Out of One, Many

By moscarda, in 'English to Latin Translation', May 20, 2011.

1. moscarda New Member

Rather than the motto on American currency, "E pluribus unum," meaning: "out of many, one," I want to use the motto Out of One, Many. Obviously this is not going to be an exact literal translation, and I am very new to this, so please help me make it contextually accurate.

I am starting a design collective where we specialize in branding and corporate identity. In this context, we—the collective—represent the "one" (like the holy trinity as one god), and "many" refers to the unique multitude of all the identities we create for our clients. If this is confusing, consider "one" set of parents, and how each of their "many" children are all unique. If the metaphor internal to this request will not translate clearly, please let me know so i can focus on other alternatives.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post, and thank you in advance for your help!
  2. Cinefactus Censor

• Censor
    ex uno plures
  3. moscarda New Member

Great, thank you so much! That was a speedy reply! Just out of curiosity, what is the literal translation of that? Or what is the not-so-literal translation if this is the case. Like I said, I'm real new here and I want to really understand the exact meaning of a phrase before it ends up on business cards or something. I'm thinking of all those kids with asian characters tattoo'ed on them, and how so many end up finding out that their "peace" tattoo really says "town-drunk"...haha

P.S. I am also open to other phrasing than my specific request, should someone have a similar idea that expresses the notion.
  4. Imprecator Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Uh... it means exactly that. There isn't much room for error here o0
  5. moscarda New Member

Just checking, I appreciate it.