Pet Names

By Lysandra, in 'Non-Latin Talk', Jun 14, 2019.

1. Lysandra Canis

• Civis Illustris
    Inspired by our discussion about a certain 'shitbagz' in the 'Names You Like' thread ...

What are some of the most interesting/bizarre/funny pet names (no pun intended) your family calls you or you've heard other people called?

My dad typically calls me 'Fish Head Curry'.
    Hawkwood and Hemo Rusticus like this.
  2. Hemo Rusticus The Lizard King

• Civis Illustris
    I dig. I've always been a big fan of the nickname, and a great proponent/user thereof. I'll try to pace myself, but the list is long.

My dad has historically called me probably quite a few, but predominantly: Maxy-moose (much younger), Swami, and Llewxam (my name backwards, which he pronounces /'lu-ˌzæm/). My aunt calls me 'my viking'. At work they sometimes call me 'Karl', as in 'Karl Marx' because of a comment about my mutton chops (which I no longer have).

I had a friend in high school who had gotten the nickname 'Cactus' (I don't know how), which soon got mangled into 'Cac-tits', and the grand finale was that they just called him 'Tits'. Now, don't get the wrong idea; he wasn't a portly fellow, in fact much the opposite.

I know a Jericho whose parents and friends call him 'Coco', but I call him 'Rick' or 'Jerry'.
    Lysandra and Hawkwood like this.
  3. Hemo Rusticus The Lizard King

• Civis Illustris
    I s'poze there's a distinction between 'pet' and 'nick-' names, but who's keeping track?
    Terry S. likes this.
  4. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Haha! That's the best ever. Ever!
  5. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Hemo Rusticus and Lysandra like this.