1. Palmyra.jpg

What could this say? I'm lost.
  2. The lack of punctuation is what's throwing me off. The words are written quite clearly, but I'm not sure about what it could say. I see helpis, and the only thing I could find for that is a wife of Boethius.
  3. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Soli sanctissimo sacrum.
    Ti(berius) Claudius Felix et Claudia Helpis et Ti(berius) Claudius Alypus fil(ius) eorum votum solverunt libens merito Calbienses de coh(orte) tertia.

I guess.
  4. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Ti. could perhaps also be Titus... Not sure. I think I've mainly seen it for Tiberius before.
  5. Thank you, Pax.
  6. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    NP.

Do you get what it says now?

As you can see, Helpis is just part of a proper name.
  7. Yea, I've got it- it's a dedication to Malakbel, and the carving makes it clear (in the beginning).
    Pacifica likes this.
  8. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    I didn't know that name. It sounds nice.
  9. He's quite luminous.
    Dantius likes this.
  10. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Lol, of course.
  11. Lol, I only said that because I'm trying to get enough likes.
    Dantius likes this.
  12. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    It's definitely Tiberius. Titus is abbreviated T. Exceptions could occur to that, but I think a name "Titus Claudius" is unheard of.
    I guess these folks are either freedmen of a Tiberius Claudius or from a family line that was given citizenship by a Tiberius Claudius. (for instance, Caracalla's edict giving citizenship to all free men in the Roman Empire ended up giving a lot of people the praenomen-nomen combination Marcus Aurelius which was part of Caracalla's name)
    Gregorius Textor and Pacifica like this.