Please use the "like" feature

By scrabulista, in 'English to Latin Translation', Mar 21, 2017.

1. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    On a quick scan I can't see it. I'm sure it used to be in the top left of the main screen. Asking Aurifex as he might know.
  2. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    I'll fire £5 in as well, mate.

Edit: I realize not everyone can or even should do this but seeing how I don't really contribute to the forum in a constructive way (translations) and I have a spare five spot, then why not.
  3. Terry S. scurra

• Quaestor
    That's a bit like how I feel. It'll be a long time before I'm earning donation thank-yous from the painted people, so I think it would be in order to put in a bit myself.
  4. Callaina Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris
    I don't see it either. Furthermore, people who I know used to have "Patronus" banners (indicating they've made a donation to the forum) have lost them (of course, we all lost our banners, but they also lost the "Patronus" title along with them.) It seems like the forum no longer wants to take our money. ;)
  5. Terry S. scurra

• Quaestor
    It's not a problem I am too familiar with... :)
  6. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    I still see the "donate" button here.

Donate.PNG
  7. Araneus Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris
    It's not here... Looks exacly like it on my page, only no donate button.
    Callaina likes this.
  8. Terry S. scurra

• Quaestor
    Same here. No donate button. Maybe, as a mod, you get to see things we don't. I have tried using the link on Cinefactus' signature but it won't let me proceed.
  9. Etaoin Shrdlu Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Same here.

Edit: apart from trying the link. But that doesn't work.
  10. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Does Godmy see the donate button? I wonder if it mightn't be, perhaps, that only former donators get to see it.
  11. Etaoin Shrdlu Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Donors. 'Donate' is a back-formation, like 'enthuse', and came in for hefty criticism at the time it was coined. I think most people have accepted it now, though I'm not sure if 'enthuse' can claim the same.

Incidentally, I tried logging in with different browsers to see if it made a difference with respect to the button (it didn't), but I had to try to log in with Opera three times before it accepted the password. I know you're thinking I can't type properly, and you're generally right, but it was an assigned unmemorable numerical password, so I C&P'd it. In other words, I know that whatever was on my clipboard was rejected twice and allowed in the third time. If anyone can offer anything approaching an explanation, I'd be grateful.
    Last edited by Etaoin Shrdlu, Mar 23, 2017
  12. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    I realized right after writing "donators" that "donors" was the more usual word, but I looked up "donator" to see if it existed, and it does, so I decided to leave it.
  13. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    For me:

1latin2.png
  14. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    I have that as well. But I take it you don't have the button I showed above?
  15. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    I have it as well.
  16. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    When I click "Monthly Server Costs", I get to a page where there's a "donate" option as well.
  17. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Did you donate in the past?
  18. Aurifex Aedilis

• Aedilis
    Since the recent change, it's been visible from the Latin Fora home page.
  19. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    Nope.
  20. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    So it isn't only former donors who can see it, nor is it only mods, since you're neither.