Quaestionem solvit qui vitium petit

By Hannawolf, in 'Latin to English Translation', Oct 20, 2017.

1. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
  2. Lucylu New Member

There are 2 pages which I scanned, I right clicked copy but it will not let me paste. Sorry not to computer savvy.
  3. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    Given the link above, it looks like you should be looking for broken type.
  4. Lucylu New Member

Yes, that is the book we are all trying to win. If you go to Kickstarter and Thornwillow Sherlock Holmes and the read more in bold it says just a little about the contest. It does say that you need the book to answer the question, not sure if the Latin phrases would lead me in the right direction.
  5. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    [IMG]
    The hints say to look at the spine – I'm not sure what's there or if you've done that already though.
  6. Lucylu New Member

Just typed a bunch thought I hit reply but it's not there, here I go again.
    Yes that is the book that we are all trying to win. Thornwillow Press had a Kickstarter project/Sherlock Holmes and the book is the prize for the first person to answer the one word response.
    I scanned the 2 pages but am unable to copy paste. Computers are also not my forte.
  7. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    You'd have to go to "Upload a File" and then choose it from there.
  8. Lucylu New Member

The spine has only the following
    Sherlock
    Holmes Hexalogy
    picture of a a cross of equal bars with a circle and from where the cross meets at the middle the are lines going out (similar to a clock) with three lines between each bar of the cross.
    Doyle
  9. Lucylu New Member

SH Notes.jpg

SH Copywrite.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Lucylu New Member

Above are the pages with Latin and I have been trying to find if the symbol has a name as this is on the spine. I will also look for broken type.
    Many many thanks
  11. Imperfacundus Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris
    In the interest of sparing my colleagues neck problems:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Dantius likes this.
  12. Lucylu New Member

Thank you for flipping the page.
    Does it appear that there is a missing word in the first paragraph after "The Empty House"? If so do you know what it might be?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

13. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    The picture does not display the full page.
  14. Lucylu New Member

The blank spot is in the upper right corner (ish).
  15. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    Oh, that little dot? Maybe it's marking to check that story. But this type of mystery seems more esoteric than that.
  16. Lucylu New Member

Yep, you are probably right. The search goes on. Do you know what the symbol might be?
  17. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    Just a blemish (vitium).
  18. Lucylu New Member

Thank you
  19. deathscoming New Member

Small hint about, I am in the race as well and have notice something, one of the first pictures in the book is a picture of sir Arthur conan doyle at a writing desk, with some books on it, one of the books in it has it in clear writing "Dante" I know this is deliberate as I even found the original photo on google and it does not have it marked