Homework remedia amoris

By Aldin Kovacevic, in 'Latin Beginners', Oct 27, 2015.

1. Aldin Kovacevic New Member

Hi. I have two questions.
    How would one adequately translate "pulchritudinis auxilia"? I was thinking something along the lines of "beauty products". Is there a better, more accurate translation?

Secondly, I have "remedia amoris". I'm really not sure about this one. Is it "products of/for love" or something else?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    "Remedium" means more like a remedy or medecine than just any kind of "product", but it's hard to tell you for sure what the optimal translations for those two expressions would be without seeing the context they're found in. So can you give us the context?
  3. Aldin Kovacevic New Member

4. Etaoin Shrdlu Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    The reference to Ovid naturally makes one think of his Remedia Amoris, which is a poem that gives advice on how to be cured of love, so there it means a remedy for love, one that will rid you of it. However, it appears to be being used here to refer to things that can restore or revive love. Perhaps others see it differently.