remember more then you'd like to forget

By Anonymous, in 'Latin Phrases', Feb 21, 2006.

1. Anonymous Guest

First of all i would like to ask if anyone has actually bought a translation before online ? I want to get a tattoo of somthing my girlfriend is gonna write and im scared im gonna get somthing that doesn't mean what i want it to mean . Ive tryed several free sites and i get wierd answers . Can anyone help me out with this line ? Thanks in Advance .

remember more then you'd like to forget

memor magis tunc you'd amo ut alieno < --- is what i got

thanks again :D
  2. Akela viam inveniam

• Princeps Senatus
    Re: Translation Please

Do you mean automatic translators? Those often/always border on terrible.

I've never bought a translation online so I cannot suggest you anything unfortunately.
  3. Numerius New Member

Latin forum
    Did you mean this as imperative (i.e., telling someone to remember)?

In this case here's my attempt: memora amplius quam oblivisci vis.

The (automatic?) translation you got was terrible #-o
  4. Anonymous Guest

I've looked at the same things as well. Here are two sites I found and am thinking about trying, but haven't yet.

This one is $18 for a translation of less than 25 words (I think), and they claim Angelina Jolie used their translation service for her tattoo:

I can't remember how much this one is, but I think they will send you a quote for what you want translated. You can send a quote request via email. I sent mine 02/20/06 but haven't received an answer as of today:

Good luck! If you use either of these, let us know how they work. :lol:
  5. Akela viam inveniam

• Princeps Senatus
    hee hee. Well, if they are certified translators it should turn out ok. But I'd like to know how they translate this phrase too.
  6. Anonymous Guest

basically means " more happyness then sadness " like your telling yourself or someone else Remember more then you'd like to forget.

thanks to everyone :D