Rest in peace and in paradise we shall be reunited

By Anonymous, in 'Memorial Latin Phrases', Jul 11, 2009.

1. Anonymous Guest

Hi, my gran passed away a few weeks ago and Im building a small private remembrance site for the family to visit. My problem is I want to include a latin prase on the site, the parse im wanting is:
    rest in peace and in paradise we shall be reunited
  2. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    Re: Translation: rest in peace ...

Assuming the inscription is addressing the deceased, and the 'we' are the survivors, the following may be used: Recquiescas in pace et in paradiso tecum rursus erimus.
  3. Iohannes Aurum Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Note that Rest in Peace is the English translation of Latin Requiescat in pace. The phrase in both languages have the same initialism of RIP.
  4. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

Depends on whether you're referring to the deceased in second or third person, subjectively or objectively, respectively. :D Since the phrase includes 'we', that makes it more personal to me.
  5. Anonymous Guest

hi thanks for the replies, Matthaeus you are correct, rest in peace (ref to my gran), and in paradise we shall be reunited (ref to us passing away one by one and been reunited), us been the family