SENSUM PERDIDI SED VERITATEM REPPERI

By Franz Xavier, in 'Latin to English Translation', Apr 8, 2019.

1. Franz Xavier New Member

Hello,

I have seen this phrase inscribed around a symbol of the Eye of Providence on a badge. I think it relates to secret societies and conspiracy theories.

I would like to know the English meaning if possible please.

Thank you for your help!
  2. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    I have lost my sense, but I have found truth.
  3. Franz Xavier New Member

Thank you! Is that lost sense like can't feel anything or lost sense like gone crazy?
  4. Etaoin Shrdlu Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    You could theoretically argue for either, but it would seem more in the spirit of a conspiracy theorist to say the latter, inasmuch as they come in for some stick as being mad. I don't know whether it would be meant in an implicitly sarcastic way ('everyone says I'm crazy, but the joke's on them, because I'm the one who's discovered the truth denied to the sheeple') or as an admission that their mind has been affected ('I have been driven to this miserable mental state by all the effort I've put into my ceaseless quest to go behind the fa├žade'), but either works. The former meaning would seem to lack point.
    Last edited by Etaoin Shrdlu, Apr 9, 2019
    Bitmap likes this.
  5. Franz Xavier New Member

Thank you! So something like "I may have lost my mind but at least I found the truth"?
  6. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Yupp, sounds good to me.