Shakespeare's Thread

By Hawkwood, in 'Non-Latin Talk', Sep 27, 2017.

1. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    tytus-andronikus-polish-theater-poster-15054464638n4kg.jpg

There's a bunch of polish artists who make Shakespeare themed posters and some are quite interesting.

This one is a bit distasteful but in its defence the subject matter is Shakey's goriest and bloodiest play on the bill.
    Adrian and Bitmap like this.
  2. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Distasteful?? That's really good!
    Hawkwood likes this.
  3. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    2525-hamlet-shakespeare-polish-theater-poster.jpg

You might like this one Bitmap

Happy families, H, uncle and mommy dearest.
    Adrian and Bitmap like this.
  4. Adrian Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Recently I watched Henry V starring Kenneth Branagh. He is trully a talented actor who played quite a few roles in movies based on Shakespeare's plays. I think people who enjoy Shakespeare's plays will find that movie interesting.

Hawkwood likes this.
  5. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    I love the king's clothes.
  6. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    His acting sometimes has a reputation for being a bit wooden but I disagree. If ever you get the opportunity, listen to his audio adaption (archangel series) of Hamlet. It's quite brilliant.
  7. Adrian Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Sad to hear some don't fully appreciate him as an actor (I think he is one of the last contemporary british actors who can actually act)

In my opinion Henry V deserves more recognition and respect (just for the sake of motivational speeches)

Laurence Olivier (1944) - magnificent
    Issacus Divus and Hawkwood like this.
  8. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Nothing to do with the above but what country do you live in, Adrian? If you don't mind me asking. I've been meaning to ask since we've began talking is all.
  9. Adrian Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Poland.
    Issacus Divus likes this.
  10. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Ahh, I speak polish (a bit) to poles on my run but I've now lost my polish mate as he's changed jobs and went with him my daily lessons on the basics. I've now deteriorated a bit over the last month or so.
  11. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    There's a polish secretary on another run that I sometimes work and she enjoys bantering, correcting and complimenting my polish but it's too few and far between that I work that run. There's other lads like a chap called Rahuta but he's busy a lot as he runs a unit so I don't push it.
  12. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    I fear we may have spoken about this before but I'd not remembered it was you until now. I thought bitmap but he's german so I'm guessing it was you. Apologies if it was.
  13. Issacus Divus Well-Known Member

I thought Adrian lived in Spain. I thought he was a native Spanish speaker.
    Adrian likes this.
  14. Adrian Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Lo siento amigo. No soy español. Solo sé unas pocas palabras en español.
  15. Hawkwood .

• Civis
  16. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    That's kind of hot. :D
  17. Issacus Divus Well-Known Member

Ah, mi culpa, amigo.
  18. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Haha!
  19. Issacus Divus Well-Known Member

Wtflol.
  20. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Yes, guys reciting sonnets in hushed tones are hot.